About the course
This course combines initial verification and commissioning and periodic inspection, testing and condition reporting of both single and three phase electrical installations. These awards follow BS 7671 and the industry recognised IET (IEE) Guidance Note 3; and the Electrical Safety Council’s Best Practice Guides.
This qualification gives an opportunity for individuals to develop and/or enhance their knowledge and skills in the inspection and testing of single and three phase low voltage electrical installations. These awards are aimed for experienced personnel working in the industry. The course is intended to ensure that candidates are conversant with the format, contents and application of the current edition of the Requirements for Electrical Installations.
This qualification has been developed to satisfy the requirements for Proposed Qualified Supervisors (PQSs) for various scheme operatives to ensure they are conversant with the requirements of BS 7671 for inspection, testing and certification of electrical installations. The course will cover the following units
- Technical knowledge of the inspection, testing and certification of electrical installations
- The practical application of the inspection, testing and certification of electrical installations
- Initial verification and periodic inspection and testing of electrical installations
- Safe isolation, inspection, safe testing, pre-energised and energised tests; documentation and the practical use of test equipment
- The design of electrical installations