About the course
This qualification is intended for experienced engineers and non-experienced engineers who are looking to switch to refrigeration or want to enter the industry without formal qualifications. Those wishing to enter the refrigeration and air-conditioning industry can also use this course as a means of gaining the required knowledge and experience. This qualification develops your knowledge and understanding of the industry and it can lead to employment in the air-conditioning and refrigeration industry.
This qualification covers many different areas within RAC and HP systems. At level 2 these include scientific principles behind RAC and HP systems, functions and features of RAC and HP systems. This qualification also cover installation, decommissioning, service and maintenance of RAC and HP systems.
The course will provide a comprehensive overview of Inspection and Testing to BS 7671:2008 (2015) and is divided into the following topics:
- Health and Safety in building services engineering
- Scientific principles within RAC and HP systems
- Scientific principles to practical vapour compression systems
- Functions and features of RAC and HP systems
- Service and maintain RAC and HP systems
- Install and commission RAC and HP systems
- Cutting and brazing of copper pipe to IOR standard
- Strength and pressure testing
- Electrical systems for RAC and HP systems
- Handling fluorinated gases and ozone-depleting substances category
- Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering
Assessments consist of a number of theory exams of multiple choice question and practical assessments. Learners will receive adequate training and preparation towards passing the exams.
6 months, 2 days per week (weekdays)
Please contact our admin office for cost or book an eligibility check (subject to course availability and eligibility criteria)