About the course
This course is designed for beginners who would like to start a plumbing career and prepare to study domestic gas installation courses. Training is focussed on hands-on practical work.
- Understand plumbing tools and materials
- Project inspection and plumbing site work preparation
- Working with non-manipulative compression fittings
- Copper pipe bending and jointing
- Working with steel pipe work and fittings
- Connecting plastic fittings to a utility sink
- Removal and refitting a water-filled radiator
- Connecting plastic fittings to a cold water cistern and central heating header tank
- Basic principle of gas safety
This course is designed for beginners who have very limited skill or no skill background but wish to learn more and start a career in the plumbing trade. It is also a preparation course for the APL Gas course.
- Pipework and plumbing skills mentioned above
- Basic gas appliances functions
- Basic flue and chimney knowledge
- Principles of combustion
At completion, candidate can progress to do one of the following courses:
- Gas Managed Learning Programme (MLP) course
- Plumbing Diploma Level 2
10 weeks, 1 day per week
Prices and Payment:
This course costs £1400 VAT inc. The cost includes training, assessment, certification and books.